The process of digitalization of clients has already been growing strongly in recent years. The pandemic has pressured people and companies to challenge traditional models and their own speed of transformation. And it was not different in Bradesco. Fortunately, our bases were prepared to support this growth and provide a smooth and intuitive journey to our clients.
We enabled various products, services and customer service through Digital Channels, which can be accessed from anywhere and at any time, providing mobility, autonomy and security to clients. In the 1H21, 98% of the transactions were made through the Digital Channels, highlighting the use of the App, with a growth of 90% in the financial transactions in comparison to the 1H20. In addition, we reached the record for the opening of accounts by cell phone in June 2021, both for individuals and companies.
With the creation of the Bradesco Experience, we have structured the area of Customer Experience, responsible for promoting the best experience to all our clients, current and potential, irrespective of the channel of interaction. This strategy puts the client at the center of decisions for the creation of intuitive and customized journeys, with the use of data intelligence and an omnichannel vision. In addition, we have a commitment based on bringing people closer, making life simpler and easier, and enabling banking operations by means of a sign or a click. So, progressively, we prepare our physical and digital channels to meet the diversity of our clients, mapping their pains and needs and transforming them into opportunities for the bank to gain even more relevance in people’s day-to-day activities.
Desire > Research > Analysis > Comparison > Decision > Utilization > Recommendations.
To do this, we work with our entire UX team structure: UX Strategist, UX Research, UX Design, UX Writing, VUX, distributed in clusters and also in the initiatives in search of smooth journeys that deliver the best Bradesco experience.
Mobile for Individuals:
The financial transactions using the Mobile for Individuals have grown exponentially 90% when compared with the previous year (1H21 vs. 1H20). In total, there are 20.3 million active clients. Currently, Bradesco has the largest and most comprehensive set of solutions on the market. Our clients can make payments, transfers, take out loans, contract consortium, among other facilities always with the protection of the Token. The Bradesco App is available on iOS (iPhone) and Android.
In addition, the client has the integration of the Ágora App, a complete investment platform with tips, news of the market and the best expert reviews, through a single login.
Deployments – second quarter/2021
• New journey of the investment simulator
• Redemption and cancellation of the fixed income LCA – Letters of Credit for Agribusiness
• Mimos (gratuities) – platform of benefits that gathers offers and exclusive partners
• Reorganization of debts
• Profitability of the investment portfolio (benchmark)
• Parameterization of the App – traditional savings account client
Mobile for Companies:
The Corporate client has the Bradesco Net Empresa App to make payments, transfers (Pix, DOC and TED), check deposit and other transactions.
Deployments – second quarter/2021
• Change the physical Token for the Token on the cell phone.
• Cancel collection contracts
• Generate collection by Pix with options of additional fields, fine, interest and maturity
• Simulate and request working capital in the Pronampe modality
We have invested heavily in research to innovate and improve the customer experience every day. For this reason, in 2016, we deployed BIA, the Bradesco Artificial Intelligence, for the employees of branches across Brazil – and it was a success: BIA has matured and learned about products and services of the bank. In August 2017, it also began to interact with clients by the Bradesco App.
To help clients digitally wherever they are, BIA appeared on WhatsApp and on Google Assistant in 2018, on the Amazon Alexa and on the Apple messaging app in 2019. Still in the same year, BIA began answering about products and services for companies on the App Net Empresa.
The digital assistant helps clients find the services they need. In the logged in area on the Bradesco App, clients can also make transfers between Bradesco accounts by voice or text and clarify doubts about products and services of the bank.
In January 2021, the account holder’s Statement of Income was made available for consultation. The service was so well accepted that we received more than 8 million requests, making this channel reach the record of 14.5 million interactions in April, which represents an increase of 10.8 million compared to the same period last year.
By WhatsApp, BIA manages to interpret voice messages and assist in:
• Checking of balance, recent transactions, future transactions and account credit limits;
• Checking of expenses, limits, best day for purchase and maturity of the credit card;
• Notification about the maturity of CBD Fácil;
• Checking the financial indices and nearest branches;
• Incentive campaigns for disclosure of information and relevant services.
On Fone Fácil (Easy Phone), BIA interprets 100% of the first call.
In addition, since April 2021, BIA was also made available on the Bradesco website when accessed by the cell phone, and has already reached more than 1 million interactions. BIA is also being trained to guide the client to the information he/she seeks on the web, and soon it will check the account statements and recent entries on the credit card, in an independent digital channel of the Bradesco Channels.
Inspired by the movement “Hey, update my voice”, of UNESCO, we changed the answers of BIA so that she can react fairly and firmly against harassment.
BIA is constantly evolving and improving its communication skills, to offer an experience that is even more pleasant, intuitive and intelligent. Bradesco is the pioneer bank in artificial intelligence that provides services to clients and employees.
Internet for Individuals:
In 1996, Bradesco became the first financial institution in Brazil to have an electronic address on the Internet and to provide financial services to its clients through this channel.
Bradesco Internet Banking completed 25 years on May 31, 2021, and during this time, turned its websites into important sources of information and transactions, always evolving and striving to provide the best experience to clients and non-clients.
Today, the bank has its own domain, banco.bradesco, being one of the few Brazilian companies to have a top-level domain or generic top-level domain (“gTLDs”), an initiative of the Internet Corporation for Assigned and Numbers (“ICANN”), a body responsible for internet protocols and which regulates addresses on the worldwide web. These proprietary addresses make the access to the contents of the bank more practical and intuitive. By entering the name of a segment, niche or product followed by .bradesco, the person is directed to the page related to what they are looking for.
This communication platform is divided into two main pillars:
1. Institutional website (banco.bradesco): with simplified content and plain language, it offers access to information and clarifications on various financial products and services with the support of tutorials in videos that facilitate the understanding, in addition to functionalities that help in the client’s day-to-day transactions, like the issuance of bank payment slip copies. The online purchase of products of the Organization and of partners is also available on the homepage of the portal. Among these products we have cards, consortium, Losango, Cielo, among others, serving also clients who do not have a checking account in Bradesco.
2. Bradesco Internet Banking for Financial Services: access by using a password and Token for account holders and by CPF and password for non-account holders. With more than 600 services and products available, clients can check statements and make payments, transfers, Pix, investments and much more.
The new visual concept in the channel, in addition to being modern and intuitive, brings convenience, like customizing the distribution of services on the homepage, having relevant information on the portfolio of investments, checking limits of credit cards and purchases in real time and having autonomy to manage limits of transactions.
Deployments – second quarter/2021
• Pix: release of the dynamic functionality “pay QR Code with maturity”, bringing all of the information of collection, such as interest, fines, discounts, etc.
• Pix: scheduling of “QR Code with maturity” and “static QR Code”.
Internet for Companies:
The Bradesco Corporate Client has Bradesco Net Empresa to check financial information, make transfers, Pix, investments, send files and perform many other transactions by the computer, simply and securely.
It is important to note that the MEI Digital Platform delivers to the individual microentrepreneur, client or non-client, financial and non-financial services by means of partners to meet their main needs.
Deployments – second quarter/2021
• Include new payments in the modality of bank payment slip and bar code by means of a mass-produced file.
• Generate by Pix the dynamic QR Code for receipts and QR Code for payments with maturity and with validation of the check digit during the transfer.
• In Pix, it is possible to do the portability and reclaim the key and check the statement.
• Obtain in the digital channels the contact information of the relationship managers.
• Simulate and request working capital in the modality of the Pronampe.
Fone Fácil Bradesco provides to the clients call center services supported by high technology and excellence. By means of electronic services, it is possible to carry out financial services, purchase products, obtain information and also check and perform transactions, such as paying bills, making bank and interbank transfers, taking out loans, and making investments, among others.
The Electronic Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and counts on a sophisticated system that interprets the requests of clients by voice command, offering convenience, comfort and security.
In the Personalized Service, available Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., we count on highly qualified and certified financial experts, providing the best experience to the client.
The first machine for cash withdrawal, SOS Bradesco was installed in 1970, predecessor of the current ATMs, whereas the first self-service machine was installed in 1982.
With more than 11 million clients who make queries and transactions exclusively through the network of self-service machines, we are present in the five regions of Brazil, enabling autonomy with security in a portfolio of products with intuitive navigation and focus on digital convergence.
Maintaining high availability and capillarity, there are currently over 54 thousand active machines, distributed among Bradesco’s Own Network (28,771) and Shared Network – Banco24Horas ATMs (23,827); with more than 80% of the screens being touchscreen, enabling features that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the client, such as the withdrawal with the possibility of choosing the banknotes, quick withdrawal and sending the receipt through email.
We also have disruptive services, such as the 155 machines for the purchase of US Dollars and Euros – foreign exchange of 2 currencies in a single machine – that in the month of june represented 50% of Foreign Exchange transactions of the Organization, in which 37% of these clients had never bought foreign currency with the bank.
Strengthening our pioneer DNA, there are 7,916 machines that operate with banknote recycling, which enables the cash deposit with immediate credit in the account of the beneficiary, precluding the use of the envelope. Continuing with the cost reduction of consumables, since December 2020, approximately 800 recycling companies also received the function of deposit in check without the envelope; with clearance according to the deadline established by the Brazilian Central Bank (BACEN).
The self-service machines have advanced security technology and are 100% equipped with Biometrics. The security in the palm of your hand adds, apart from the convenience in the “proof of life” for clients registered in the National Institute of Social Security (INSS), flexibility to make the most diverse transactions without a card, such as activating the security key on mobile phone and the access of proxies of individual account holders, that transact without the need for the presence of an employee.
In a society that is increasingly connected, the active participation of Bradesco in social networks is a condition for sustaining the business over time, to the extent that it enables the direct dialogue and responsive to clients, and ultimately to society.
Bradesco, in a pioneering and innovative way, has been active on the main social networks since 2009 and has become a market reference. With a focus on communication, relationships, co-creation of content, and activation for business purposes, the use of social networks is an increasingly strategic way to captivate and attract clients, and maintain relationships, in addition to promotion a positive impact, through conversations about diversity, representation, equity, plurality and respect.
We are present on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Spotify, YouTube and Tik Tok.
We have a team of experts who interact with clients and non-clients 24 hours a day and carry the voice of the people to create active content. Another prominent facet is the work that is created along with digital content creators, such as influencers and YouTubers, which establishes a relationship and discussion with users, and genuinely reaches people. The result is an increased potential to promote information.
- TikTok – Videos with content creators of TikTok to talk about Security, explaining terms and recurring scams, and about financial education, including information on financial terms and tips on how to set up and run small businesses;
- Podcast Histórias de Ninar Para Garotas Rebeldes 2 (Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls #2) – This is a podcast retelling real-life fairytales about the extraordinary women who inspire us. A partnership with Bradesco, Histórias de Ninar Para Garotas Rebeldes is based on the bestseller written by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo, inspiring millions of girls to dream big, aim high and fight bravely. Eleven more episodes are available on audio platforms, all free of charge;
- Aliados pelo Respeito (Allied by the Respect) Podcast – A podcast from Bradesco produced by B9 that was created to discuss issues and causes, which aims to build a future where diversity is respected. There will be 4 seasons and a total of 16 episodes that will delve into the principles of gender equity, the LGBTI+ population, people with disabilities and ethnic & racial diversity. During this podcast, we’ll hear stories that clearly demonstrate the urgency needed to tackle these issues, and we’ll also speak to experts to learn how we can fight injustice, embrace victims and construct a more inclusive future.
- BIA Against Harassment – A nationwide campaign that brings a series of changes in the responses of BIA (Bradesco Artificial Intelligence). The initiative was created to offer a strong response to harassment and is part of the bank’s support for the “Hey, Update My Voice” movement sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). In addition to the campaign’s widespread roll out, there was also a YouTube livestream that delved deeper into the topic. On Twitter, interactions between artificial intelligences were presented from other companies, such as Nat from Natura, Lu from Magalu, Mara from Amaro, Ully U from Ultragaz, and Aura from Vivo, in addition to next.