The process of mobile digitalization and engagement had already been growing strongly in recent years. The pandemic has pressured people and companies to challenge traditional models and their own transformation speed – and it was no different with Bradesco; fortunately, our bases were prepared. We offer, anywhere and at any time, various products, services and customer services through Digital Channels, offering mobility, autonomy and security to our clients. In 1Q21, 98% of the transactions were made through Digital Channels, prominently through Mobile and Internet, which represented 91% with 5.2 billion transactions and a growth of 17% compared to 1Q20. In addition, we reached a record number for accounts opened using Mobile in March 2021.
With the creation of Bradesco Experience, we have structured the Customer Experience area, responsible for promoting the best experience to all our clients, current and potential, irrespective of the channel of interaction. It is a strategy that puts the client at the center of decisions for the creation of intuitive and customized journeys, with the use of data intelligence and an omnichannel vision. In addition, we have a commitment based on bringing people closer, making life simpler and easier, and enabling banking operations by means of a signal or a click. For this reason, we increasingly prepare our physical and digital channels to meet the diversity and needs of our clients.
Financial operations using Mobile (Individuals and Companies) have grown exponentially: 75% when compared with the previous year (January to March/21 x January to March/20). In all, there are 20.9 million active clients. Currently, Bradesco has the largest and most comprehensive set of solutions on the market, with numerous types of transactions in Apps for iOS (iPhone) and Android devices.
In addition, on the Bradesco App, the client relies on BIA (Bradesco Artificial Intelligence). In the institutional area, it clarifies, through the chat, questions about procedures and rules of various bank services and products. In the transactional area, BIA also helps: when the client types or mentions the service, it directs them to the transaction and it still makes it possible to transfer between Bradesco accounts by voice command.
Corporate clients rely on the Bradesco Net Empresa App. On there, it is possible to make payments, transfers, wire transfer/express wire transfer, deposit in cheque and other transactions.
Implementations in 1Q21
Bradesco Celular Pessoa Física (Mobile App for Individuals)
- Self-management of Pix (instant payment/transfer) limits;
- Salary account with the inclusion of banking services like: payment, transfer, mobile top-up, among others;
- INSS (social security) account with customized services available at home;
- Redemption of capitalization bond;
- Digital acceptance of the consortium;
- New cards menu.
Net Empresa Celular (Mobile Corporate Internet Banking)
- Pix in the card machine;
- New functionality of consortium to approve and cancel proposals.
We have invested heavily in research to innovate and improve the customer experience every day. For this reason, in 2016, we deployed BIA, Bradesco Artificial Intelligence, for the employees of the branches across Brazil – and it was a success: it has matured and learned about the bank’s products and services. In August 2017, it also began to interact with clients through the Bradesco App.
To help clients digitally wherever they are, BIA appeared on WhatsApp and Google Assistant in 2018, on Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Messaging App in 2019. In January 2019, it began answering about products and services for companies on the Net Empresa App.
The digital assistant helps clients find the services they need, and recently learned how to make transfers between Bradesco accounts by voice or text, in addition to sending the income statement for the income tax through the Bradesco App.
Through WhatsApp, BIA manages to interpret voice messages and assist in:
- Checking the balance, recent transactions, future transactions and account overdrafts;
- Checking the limits, best day for purchase and credit card due date;
- Notifications about the maturity of CBD Fácil;
- Checking the financial indices and nearest branches.
On Fone Fácil (Contact Center), it started meeting 100% of requests made on the first call.
Inspired by the movement “Hey, update my voice” of UNESCO, we changed BIA’s answers so that it can react fairly and firmly against harassment.
BIA is constantly evolving and improving its communication skills, to offer an experience that is more and more pleasant, intuitive and intelligent. Bradesco is the pioneer bank in artificial intelligence, and it provides services to clients and employees.
Bradesco was the first financial institution in Brazil to have a website and provide financial services over the internet in 1996. Our websites have become key sources of information for both customers and non-customers.
Today, the Bank has its own domain, banco.bradesco, one of the few Brazilian companies to have a top-level domain or generic top-level domains (gTLDs) – an ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) initiative, the body responsible for internet protocols, which regulates the addresses on the worldwide web. These proprietary addresses make accessing the contents of the Bank more practical and intuitive. When typing the name of a segment, niche or product followed by “.bradesco”, the person has direct access to the page related to what he/she is looking for.
This communication platform is divided into two main axes for accessing and disseminating content:
1. Bradesco Institutional Website (banco.bradesco):
with simplified content and objective language, it provides the best experience and journey. It allows the clients and the general public access to information and clarifications on various products and financial services with the support of tutorials in video format that facilitate their understanding, in addition to functionality that helps in our clients’ day-to-day transactions, like the issuance of bank payment slip copies. Also, on the portal homepage, the online purchase of products of the organization and of partners, such as Cards, Consortium, Losango, Cielo, among others is available, also serving customers who do not have a Bradesco checking account.
2. Internet Banking Bradesco for financial services:
Access via password and personal safety devices for account holders and by CPF (Individual Taxpayer’s ID) and password for non-account holders. With more than 600 services and products available, here clients can check statements, and make payments, transfers, Pix, investments and much more.
The new visual concept in the channel, in addition to being modern and intuitive, brings benefits such as: customizing the distribution of services on the homepage and having relevant information about the investment portfolio, seeing credit card limits and purchases in real time and having autonomy to manage transaction limits.
Bradesco Corporate clients count on Bradesco Net Empresa. Through the platform, the company can check information, make transfers, Pix, investments, send files and perform many other transactions, in a simple and secure manner. It’s important to note that the MEI Digital Platform, which delivers an attractive value proposal to the Individual Microentrepreneur, who may or may not be a client, offering financial and non-financial services by means of partners to meet his/her main needs, from the beginning to the end of the journey.
Implementations in 1Q21
Internet Banking Pessoa Física (Individuals)
- 10-Year statement – extension of the statement term of the account to 120 months;
- Grouping of Income Tax Info – a page that gathers the links to all the income reports that the client needs for his/her income tax return;
- Check Statement – statement on overdraft use;
- Direct Debit – allows the client to register bank payment slips in direct debit;
- Self-management of Pix limits;
- Sale of Consortium – new journey on the institutional website of consortia allows non-account holders and non-clients to simulate and contract consortia without being logged in to an area;
- Accessibility Menu – implementation of the accessibility menu, which delivers new features, such as focus of navigation and high contrast, and helps with questions and answers to further facilitate the journey on our website.
Net Empresa via the computer
- Pix in the card machine;
- Checking and unlocking direct debit;
- Pix with new functionality for payment via QR Code;
- Pix with update of the maximum limit for transfer payment;
- Improvements in the uploading of documents.
Fone Fácil Bradesco provides to the clients call center services supported by high technology and excellence. By means of electronic services, it is possible to carry out financial services, purchase products, obtain information and also check and perform transactions, such as paying bills, making bank and interbank transfers, taking out loans, and making investments, among others.
The Electronic Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and counts on a sophisticated system that interprets the requests of clients by voice command, offering convenience, comfort and security.
In the Personalized Service, available Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., we count on highly qualified and certified financial experts, providing the best experience to the client.
The first machine for cash withdrawal, SOS Bradesco was installed in 1970, predecessor of the current ATMs, whereas the first self-service machine was installed in 1982.
With more than 11 million clients who make queries and transactions exclusively through the network of self-service machines, we are present in the five regions of Brazil, enabling autonomy with security in a portfolio of products with intuitive navigation and focus on digital convergence.
Maintaining high availability and capillarity, there are currently over 54 thousand active machines, distributed among Bradesco’s Own Network (30,424) and Shared Network – Banco24Horas ATMs (23,647); with more than 80% of the screens being touchscreen, enabling features that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the client, such as the withdrawal with the possibility of choosing the banknotes, quick withdrawal and sending the receipt through email.
We also have disruptive services, such as the 160 machines for the purchase of US Dollars and Euros – foreign exchange of 2 currencies in a single machine – that in the month of December represented 81% of Foreign Exchange transactions of the Organization, in which 58% of these clients had never bought foreign currency with the bank.
Strengthening our pioneer DNA, there are 7,716 machines that operate with banknote recycling, which enables the cash deposit with immediate credit in the account of the beneficiary, precluding the use of the envelope. Continuing with the cost reduction of consumables, since December 2020, approximately 800 recycling companies also received the function of deposit in check without the envelope; with clearance according to the deadline established by the Brazilian Central Bank (BACEN).
The self-service machines have advanced security technology and are 100% equipped with Biometrics. The security in the palm of your hand adds, apart from the convenience in the “proof of life” for clients registered in the National Institute of Social Security (INSS), flexibility to make the most diverse transactions without a card, such as the token activation on the mobile phone and the access of proxies of individual account holders, not requiring the presence of an employee.
In a society that is increasingly connected, the active participation of Bradesco in social networks is a condition for sustaining the business over time, to the extent that it enables the direct dialogue and responsive to clients, and ultimately to society.
Bradesco, in a pioneering and innovative way, has been active on the main social networks since 2009 and has become a market reference. With a focus on communication, relationships, co-creation of content, and activation for business purposes, the use of social networks is an increasingly strategic way to captivate and attract clients, and maintain relationships, in addition to promotion a positive impact, through conversations about diversity, representation, equity, plurality and respect.
We are present on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Spotify, YouTube and Tik Tok.
We have a team of experts who interact with clients and non-clients 24 hours a day and carry the voice of the people to create active content. Another prominent facet is the work that is created along with digital content creators, such as influencers and YouTubers, which establishes a relationship and discussion with users, and genuinely reaches people. The result is an increased potential to promote information.
- TikTok – Videos with content creators of TikTok to talk about Security, explaining terms and recurring scams, and about financial education, including information on financial terms and tips on how to set up and run small businesses;
- Podcast Histórias de Ninar Para Garotas Rebeldes 2 (Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls #2) – This is a podcast retelling real-life fairytales about the extraordinary women who inspire us. A partnership with Bradesco, Histórias de Ninar Para Garotas Rebeldes is based on the bestseller written by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo, inspiring millions of girls to dream big, aim high and fight bravely. Eleven more episodes are available on audio platforms, all free of charge;
- BIA Against Harassment – A nationwide campaign that brings a series of changes in the responses of BIA (Bradesco Artificial Intelligence). The initiative was created to offer a strong response to harassment and is part of the bank’s support for the “Hey, Update My Voice” movement sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). In addition to the campaign’s widespread roll out, there was also a YouTube livestream that delved deeper into the topic. On Twitter, interactions between artificial intelligences were presented from other companies, such as Nat from Natura, Lu from Magalu, Mara from Amaro, Ully U from Ultragaz, and Aura from Vivo, in addition to next.