Learn more about the Sustainability performance of Bradesco by accessing our website.
We have strengthened our ESG management and our contribution to sustainable development through partnerships and by participating in corporate initiatives and voluntary commitments.
- Renewable energies: 100% of the operations of Bradesco have been powered by renewable energy sources. The initiative made the Organization one of the largest financial institutions in the world to complete the transition.
- Carbon Offset: We neutralized 100% of the greenhouse gas emissions (equivalent to carbon) generated by our operations¹, Bradesco being the first Brazilian bank to take on this level of carbon offset.
- Financed Emissions: Bradesco was the first Brazilian bank to join the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF) and to measure and publish the emissions generated by its corporate loan portfolio. The results are available in the Integrated Report.
- Net-Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA): We are pioneers among the Brazilian banks in the commitment to decarbonize our loan and investment portfolios, to achieve zero net emissions by 2050.
- The PRB Commitment to Financial Health and Inclusion: We were the first Brazilian bank to sign the commitment linked to the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP-FI), with the goal of promoting universal financial inclusion and promoting a banking sector that supports the financial health of its clients.
- GFANZ: We have two sustainable business cases that were mentioned in the GFANZ (Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net-Zero) report, an alliance of companies committed to being Net-Zero. The document is designed to provide recommendations and guidance to support financial sector companies in developing and implementing climate transition plans. The report is available.
- Transition Implementation Group (TIG): Through our Sustainability Director, we were selected by the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) as the sole bank and only representative in Brazil to be a part of the group that will support the implementation of financial reporting standards related to sustainability (IFRS S1) and climate (IFRS S2).
¹According to the scopes considered in the inventory of GHG emissions of Bradesco published in the Public Register of Emissions of the GHG Protocol Program.